Irish Network-Philly, “IN-Philly” is an organization made up of Irish, Irish American and friends of Ireland.
We are an organization that respects and values the multiple aspects of modern Irish Identity in today's society. IN-Philly is an all-inclusive organization and as such does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or marital status. Our diverse membership draws people from all walks of life, ‘from boots to suits’, who are joined together by the common goal of realizing the mission and objectives of our vibrant and dynamic organization.
IN-Philly aims to enhance, develop, and maintain new and existing connections of its membership and of the Irish-community centered in the Delaware Valley region. IN-Philly will also facilitate the development and formation of a virtual community of members whose goal is to further the aims of the organization.
IN-Philly is a Pennsylvania Non Profit Organization with 501(c)3 tax deductible status.
MISSION STATEMENT IN-Philly dedicates itself to connecting Irish from all walks of life, “boots to suits,” throughout the Delaware Valley to foster, promote, and preserve Irish heritage, culture, and community in the Greater Philadelphia region by organizing and sponsoring various educational and cultural events.
IN-Philly offers a forum that captures the energy, determination, and success of the Irish community in Delaware Valley region.
- Facilitate mentorship among members, friends, and the greater Irish diaspora
- Develop reciprocal cultural experiences between the Greater Philadelphia region and Ireland
- Promote a positive image of a new Irish identity through community service and other initiatives
- Draw upon and contribute to the wider networking resources of Irish Network USA
IRISH NETWORK GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Reflection: IN-Philly will seek to further appreciate and build upon the significant role of the many Irish individuals and organizations who have shaped the history and community of the Delaware Valley for centuries
- Inclusion: IN-Philly will capitalize on the diversity of its members’ backgrounds and experiences and use these to build a vibrant organization
- Partnerships: IN-Philly is committed to fostering partnerships with organizations and individuals in order to achieve shared objections, and to promote the visibility of all involved
- Change: IN-Philly will recognize and embrace change to meet the emerging needs of our constituents